Friday, June 09, 2006

Blogging Miss Daisy

so, as some of you may have noticed, i am now part of a group wedding blog at Weddingbee. basically, my wedding-related blogs from this blog will be copied over to there. since the weddingbee readers know nothing about me, the following will seem redundant for this blog, but more of an introduction to that one

initially, i love the name Miss Daisy (even though the moniker comes without the Morgan-Freeman-chauffeur perk) and i am also loving my little daisy icon that comes with.

i suppose i should summarize a few of my wedding details for those just tuning in.

i've booked a venue, the Metropolitan Club, which is a private club in Manhattan. (my sponsor is my friend Mrs. A's dad. i introduced Mrs. A to her husband Evil A, so he seems happy enough to do it.)

the Great Hall, with 55-foot ceilings, where the cocktail reception will be held.

  • my port-in-the-storm, sounding board, stress-reliever is my wedding planner Farrell of the Wedding Library. the Wedding Library is an incredible resource, even if you don't use them for planning, as they do custom invitations/stationery, shoes, accessories and maids dresses there. i can't go on about this place enough. oftentimes, sans Farrell, i would be rocking back and forth in the fetal position, overcome by wedding drama.
  • my gown is by Monique Lhuillier and i bought it at Saks. but those are all the details i'll give now since Thurston, my groom-to-be, reads this blog (isn't that sweet?) and there is no way he is getting a dress preview!
  • my florist is the amazing DeJuan Stroud. he is in Tribeca and also did Emma Bloomberg's wedding, so clearly he has awesome (Wall) street cred.
  • my photographer is Lilian Haidar, who does wonderful photojournalistic stuff. and is someone i could happily spend 10 stress-filled hours with. (and surely will on the big day.)
  • my band is Soul Connection from Total Entertainment. we worked with Jeffrey Foster there, and he's just a fantastic guy to know.
  • bridesmaid dresses are from Thread, though i haven't yet put in the order. my San Francisco sister will be in town in two weeks to choose her dress and then, bang, that one's done too.

we're just now deciding on our videographer and are about to embark on cakes, rehearsal dinner venues and brunch spaces. officiants, favors, invitations, veils, headpieces, etc. are still on the horizon. and next week i start my part-time work schedule, so cannot wait to take full advantage of my newly-found spare time.

first on the agenda is deciding what to do about my former china pattern, which, though i had been told it was discontinued, turns out to have been resurrected from the dead. oh, the drama!

2 Comments:

At 6/10/2006 09:33:00 AM, Blogger Jaime Lannister said...

Pay me some royalties now that you are a pro blogger for your use of my intellectual propertah, such as Thurston. I get 20% of every check for a post where you call your better half Thurston.

 
At 6/13/2006 08:50:00 AM, Blogger jolie said...

so happy to hear that your beloved china pattern has risen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home