Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Wedding Wake-Up Call

much to my dismay, the following face appeared when i entered my weight into WeightWatchers' online "weight tracker" feature.


for those of you who are robots and, thus, unable to interpret emotions, that is *not* a happy face. that's right, Weight Watchers is not happy with my gain of +1 pound(s). now, to be fair, this weight gain is since December, when i had already lost 9 pounds on WW, and was the last time i was so brave as to enter my weight into the tracker. you see, the engagement and the holidays caused me to gain back most of the 10 lbs. i had already lost on WW, between September and December. slowly but surely, i have managed to re-lose all but 2 of those pounds. which would otherwise be impressive if not for the additional 20 lbs. that i need to lose on top of the first 10.

they do hold out hope for me, though, as the computer tried to take the sting out of its grouchy face with this oh-so-inspirational quote:
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-
Eleanor Roosevelt


so now i embark upon my no holds barred weight loss regime. this involves much kicking of my ass on the part of Matt Hayes, and his intense "bridal boot camp" program. Matt used to be in the Army and does not f around when it comes to torturing me. in addition to the two to three times a week that he comes to train me, i am now on an everyday, no excuses workout program.

my week thus far and looking ahead:

  • Sunday: cardio combo: rowing and treadmill
  • Monday: obscenely difficult "homework" weight training (i.e. weight without Matt)
  • Tuesday: cardio combo: rowing
  • Wednesday: Matt and his bag of torture
  • Thursday: cardio
  • Friday: Matt again!
  • Saturday: more Matt...

and my diet? also, medieval.

yesterday, for example, i ate the following:

  • breakfast: Quaker Weight Control oatmeal (3 pts.)
  • lunch: Campbell's Select microwavable lentil soup (3.5 pts.) and 6 oz. of WW yogurt (1 pt.)
  • snack: Quaker rice cake with one wedge Laughing Cow Lite cheese (2 pts.)
  • dinner: Lean Cuisine Enchiladas Suiza (5 pts.)
  • dessert: Blue Bunny HealthSmart ice cream pop (0 pts.--miraculous!)

this is no fun at all. but since the wedding rapidly approaches, i need to focus up and stop screwing around. if anyone has *any* great diet tricks to share, i would greatly appreciate them. i am desperate!!

5 Comments:

At 6/27/2006 10:00:00 PM, Blogger Jaime Lannister said...

We all know you are cheating on your diet and don't try that hard at your workouts. You don't fool me for 5 seconds. You have even personally told me about your 'almost throwing up' trick to avoid hard work in the gym! Get with the program.

 
At 6/28/2006 09:02:00 AM, Blogger jolie said...

sugar free jello - 10 calories (no clue what that means point-wise)

alton brown made protein bars on his show last night, they looked really filling and had about 150 calories each, and might make for good b'fast food.

and last but certainly not least, I'm emailing you the recipe for cheese fudge. print it out and gaze at it whenever you feel hungry. bleech.

 
At 6/28/2006 09:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is my better half correct about the cheating? He has no patience for we dieters.

I am with you on your quest. Since I am still somewhat disabled when it comes to intense cardio, I start pilates tonight. And I continue to plug away with WW.

Some tricks of mine - I always have the same breakfast (Thomas' light whole grain Eng. muffins, 1 point, with 1 tbsp. of low fat all natural style penaut butter, often topped with a banana) and try to keep my foods pretty much the same - when you eat too much variety, you tend to crave. I know it's boring, but it works.

Plus, as the Kingslayer will attest, I have developed an obsession with organic frozen cherries, which I eat day and night - 1 cup is 1 point, and a cup is a lot. Eat them frozen and they take longer to eat. And they're sweet and good for you - better than WW frozen treats for dessert.

 
At 6/28/2006 11:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS, if that's really all you're eating, you're not eating enough. You are supposed to eat all (or close to all) of your points each day. Add some fruit in at least and try to cut out some of the processed stuff (I know it's hard, but a few fresh meals won't kill you!)

Especially if you're working out a lot, you need to be properly "fueled" or the body will hold onto the extra weight, believing you're not getting enough nutrition. You go into starvation mode - it's a weight loss no-no.

 
At 6/28/2006 02:11:00 PM, Blogger Lovey said...

i have not been cheating! and am now 2 lbs down.

the cheese fudge diet may well be foolproof, Joles. i half-gag just thinking of it...

as for not eating enough, Monday was not a regular day for me. i got stuck at work and went to the gym late and didn't leave much time to eat/prep meals. but normally, i use every single WW point allotted to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home