Saturday, May 13, 2006

stamp-gate 2006

well, yesterday was a close call!
sometime in the afternoon, Thurston went to the post office across from his office to purchase a quantity of LoveBird stamps, the ones i had chosen for our save-the-date.*

the clerk informed him that "those stamps are done."


when T called me with this news, i was in a bit of disbelief. i then sent my brother on a similar errand, to the post office in our neighborhood. he also called me with similar news. the downtown post office was also selling the same story: the stamps are "over" and have been for months.

victims of bird flu??

anyway, i decided to log on to the USPS web site and, lo and behold, they appeared to have the stamps for sale. so i bought many of them. phew!
because i mean, clearly, the stamp is the most important element of the STD, right? that's what people look for, no?
* in emails to T and to my wedding planner i often refer to my save-the-dates as STDs. this please Thurston no end, as he is now enamored of telling people that he will be sending them an STD through the mail. oh, that T...

2 Comments:

At 5/16/2006 07:43:00 PM, Blogger Chickytava said...

And this is why I plan to elope... although your persistence is very impressive. Personally, I'd be going with the "Crops of the Americas" stamps that I already have sitting in my desk drawer due to my lack of etiquette or motivation.

 
At 5/16/2006 11:23:00 PM, Blogger Lovey said...

i'm a bit wedding OCD, perhaps. but, it keeps me off the streets...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home