Friday, April 21, 2006

i've been tagged

by Lola.
and since this is the very first meme with which i have been tagged, i shall take it very seriously. here goes:

My Vote for the 10 Worst Songs Ever
(in no particular order)

  1. Don't Know Much
    this Linda Ronstadt and Aaron Neville collaboration actually makes me feel queasy. just thinking about it now. gah!
  2. Conga by Gloria Estefan
    honestly, almost anything by G.E. makes me want to cover my ears. this song particularly having been played at every single Bar/Bat Mitzvah i attended as a youth. (and is it any coincidence that she shares the same initials as my other musical nemesis, G.E. Smith? hmmm?)

  3. I've Got My Mind Set on You by George Harrison.
  4. Lullaby by Shawn Mullins. as Joles would say, gros.
  5. Into the Night by Benny Mardones - a fun statutory rape ditty. (nothing like Jermaine Stewart's awesome abstinence gem: We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off (To Have a Good Time)).
  6. Haitian Divorce by Steely Dan. for the record, i hate Steely Dan generally.
  7. Cats in the Cradle by Ugly Kid Joe (of that also-awful " i hate everything about you" song). i don't hate this song otherwise. just this version. nightmare!

  8. Songbird by Kenny G.
  9. Hard Day by George Michael (interchangeable with Monkey). maybe just because the rest of the album is so fricking great do these two songs seem so godawful. but they do.
  10. Rhythm is a Dancer by Snap!. this was omnipresent during my junior and senior uears of high school and if i never hear it again it will be too soon. so cheesy!

3 Comments:

At 4/21/2006 06:38:00 PM, Blogger Chickytava said...

I can't believe I left out "Conga" by Miami Sound Machine. My parents forced me to be in band my freshman year of high school, and we had to play this song as part of the football half-time show. There is nothing worse than a) being in band at all and b) having to rock your saxophone to the beat of Gloria Estefan's "Conga" (adapted for marching band, of course) in front of all the cool kids in the bleachers. Oh god, I'm cringing just thinking about it.

 
At 4/24/2006 12:16:00 PM, Blogger Lovey said...

i actually might enjoy Conga more when it's not performed by G.E. a marching band couldn't be worse than her! but i sympathize with the experience--i guess you were in marching band before Drumline made it hip to be in one?

 
At 4/26/2006 12:50:00 AM, Blogger Chickytava said...

I think I'm going to have to just write a blog entry about the experience. Thanks for rekindling my memory... which did, in fact, occur way before "Drumline" made band cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home