Thursday, August 04, 2005

kitchen-envy
right now, i am deeply lusting after this:


majorly. instead i live with a drop-in range, and a fairly beat oven. (the oven only works after an extended rest. this is achieved by keeping the #7 circuit breaker off but for the specific times when it's being used.)

i suppose i ought not to complain as my "city kitchen" is hardly lacking in perks--i've got the ginorm sub-zero, granite counters, glass doors on the cabinets. yet somehow i still want more. (and i'm sure EvilA has his own "theories" on what causes me to succumb to such dissatisfaction, but i'm not going to go there).

broken oven notwithstanding, i managed to bastardize a "30 minute meals" recipe and make kickass (and somewhat healthy) chicken fingers last night. first let me qualify: my use of a Rachael Ray recipe is in no way an indication that i'm a fan of that show. in truth, it works my last nerve. "EVOO" is not a cute way to say extra virgin olive oil. it's an annoying way to say it. (even more so when intoned by Ms. Ray.) but i digress. as for the recipe alterations, i just switched out the honey-nut cereal; switched in corn flakes, italian herbs, red pepper flakes and minced garlic; and cut back on the oil. and, BAM! spicy chicken fingers that i can eat on WeightWatchers. (ok, at 11 points/serving, maybe not the healthi*est*, but still...) and Thurston was happy that there was breading and spicy ketchup, so that compromise worked out.

great, now i'm starving. i'll have to remember not to write about food while at work and nowhere near food.

2 Comments:

At 8/04/2005 04:46:00 PM, Blogger Jaime Lannister said...

Allow me to translate the first 2 paragraphs of this post for all the non Nassau cty japs reading this blog (me):

Oy oy oy, I have so much money, Oy oy oy, I should have a better oven, oy oy oy someday soon I will buy more stuff with all my money!

Ha. Keep that jappy attitude away from my wife!

BTW I object to being on the list with that garbage left wing crap blog. The left wing intelligentsia suck and I loathe their continued regurgitation of the drivel spouted by that poosah Jon Stewart and the NY Slimes. Go dig up some dirt on Roberts' 4 year old kid you scumbags!

Learn to spell "John" NYC pussies. The only good Jon in history was Garfield and Odie's owner, and even HE didn't get any pussy.

 
At 8/04/2005 05:01:00 PM, Blogger Lovey said...

a) i don't tell your wife what to do!
b) i assume you're talking about n+1, and i would argue that they're more communist than left-wing.
c) didn't Jon ever close with that vet? if not then he has Garfield who is, in reality, a pussy. an obese, lasagna obsessed pussy; but a pussy no less.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home