Monday, January 30, 2006

ladies who lunch

as a dedicated government worker, i rarely use my lunch break to take an actual break and leave the office. the dearth of restaurants in the area is surely a contributing factor, as is my laziness. however, yesterday i had cause to trek up to 64th Street for a lovely lunch with my big sister,* in town for an ever-so-brief visit, and Sim-Sima.**

we went to Alice's Tea Cup: Chapter II, and, boy, was it a great spot. (thanks, Mom, for the recommendation!)
i had:

curried chicken salad sandwich with red onion, celery and granny smith apple on semolina with golden raisins and fennel $11
which was absolutely delicious. the sandwich was not too big, but plenty filling. and the bread--oy, was it wonderful! obviously, i had tea as well, and that impressed equally. the only annoying part of my lunch experience was that i had just been in the area (walking my parents' dog) on Sunday, and being unaware of Alice's, i went instead to Burger Heaven. poor Lovey, making such errors in eating...!

next time, the Nibble will be my meal of choice...

the nibble: a lil' bit hungry? $22- pot of tea- choice of one scone with preserves and cream- choice of one sandwich- assorted cookies
oh my gosh, you all so want to come with, don't you?
* of the sorority--not the biological--sort.
** who, incidentally, did not have the keys to my
bimma.